Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2004

What I Do at Night!

Okay, so I got a question about the play I auditioned for a few weeks ago: what play, and how did it go? I auditioned for I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, a musical revue featuring two men and two women, acting out scenes and singing songs about dating (Act I) and marriage (Act II). (More info here.) And I got the part. So, each night, another cast member (from Grand Forks, ND) and I drive to Crookston, MN for a couple hours of rehearsal. I'm sacrificing time with my family, and time to sleep (easier to skip sleep than to fall behind on school work), to do something that I enjoy (and something that I TEACH, for heaven's sake!) for the next several weeks. Performances are October 28-31 at the Northland Inn in Crookston (it's a dinner theatre production). Do my students know what I'm doing at night? Doubt it. (Do I know what they're doing at night?! Impossible . . .)

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Moberg,

    Your play, is it possible for us students to go to? And if so, is it possible maybe to get extra credit for going? I think that it is very cool that you still act! -------Ashley A. 3rd per.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, anyone may attend the play. It's a dinner theatre production, so it's kinda spendy: $26 per ticket gets you a buffet dinner and a seat for the show. If you want to see the show only (no food), you can do so on Sunday, October 31 (Halloween) for only $8. Call Montague Flower Shop in Crookston for a ticket (the number is on a poster in my classroom--or Google it to find it on-line). And about the extra credit question: I suppose that, if you attend, you could write up a review--what you say, what was good or bad, etc.--and submit it for possible bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Oops--that should say "what you saw.")

    ReplyDelete