Pages

Friday, August 12, 2005

Cute Snit Language

Suzanna stomped into the bathroom and sat on the toilet lid, waiting for me to ask what the matter was. I did, and she explained the many things that Abigail had just said and done to irritate her. Suzanna said, "I told her that she was being so immature. Not that I know what that means." I asked her why she had left Abigail to come into the bathroom and tell me about it. Suzanna said that she had to get away from Abigail, who was "getting on my nerve" [singular]. A little later, I heard Suzanna in the hallway telling Susan that Abigail had been acting "out of her age" (older than she really is; like an adult). It's hard to be a good listener when I'm really trying to set into short-term memory these cute things that our kids say before I can write them down!

(August 13 Update: I just remembered something cute that Hillary said the other day. She needed a kleenex and told me that she had snot coming out of her "snotstril" [nostril].)

No comments:

Post a Comment