Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentines Day

On Valentines Day, we took the girls to see the movie Nanny McPhee starring Emma Thompson, Colin Firth, and Angela Lansbury. It was great! It's based on a series of books called Nurse Matilda, which I haven't read nor had I heard of but which I just may have to check out. The best part of the movie was our daughters' reactions. Every once in a while, I would glance to the side to see Abigail's face lit up or Suzanna's eyes wide in anticipation of something about to come (Hillary was too many seats away to see well). I enjoyed the movie all the more because of their reactions, I think. It's also fun to hear them make inferences about why a character has done a certain thing or predictions about what events are probably upcoming. Two words: kee-yoot. Afterward we ate supper at Pizza Hut, which was another treat. There were some Valentines awaiting us at home, too. The girls had made and decorated Valentines for Susan and me and hidden them under our bed the day before, leaving a note that we couldn't look under the bed until Valentines Day. Two more words: suh-weet.

1 comment:

  1. o moberg....pretty sure you have the cutest kids ever :D

    ReplyDelete