Pages

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Water, Water Everywhere

(Okay, juniors, the title of this post is an allusion [one of your vocabulary words] to some work of literature. Do you know to what it alludes? Can you research it and get back to me?)

One thing I was not planning to spend five hours doing last night is clean up the flooded laundry/storage room in our basement. I got home for supper to my wife, who said, "Um, come here a sec; I have to show you something." Something was puddles of water under the laundry sink, the clothes washer, and along each wall of the L-shaped room.

We went through many towels and put the Shop-Vac to good use. Fortunately, many of the items we store in that room were in plastic storage containers. Unfortunately, not everything was. So wet cardboard boxes were unloaded and thrown, and our family room and living room are now strewn with items set out to dry. Some rather large, and heavy, items of furniture and storage shelves required moving, too, which was no treat.

Good news: everything's getting dry now, and we think we've identified the source of the problem. Bad news: that's five hours of my life I won't get back.

2 comments:

  1. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner-Samuel Taylor Coleridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, Tiffany, you're good! Smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete