Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

SHE STOOPS TO CONQUER

Wow. I don't know what else to say. I took some theatre students to Concordia College in Moorhead, MN tonight to see their play She Stoops to Conquer, featuring Paul Vonasek, an alumni of East Grand Forks Senior HIgh School, where I teach. He could do no wrong on stage; that audience loved him. And so did we, frankly. It was five junior and senior boys and I in attendance, all who appreciated the free tix from Paul to come see him in a period (1773) English satirical comedy. More than a little out of our normal play viewing, but it was terrific and perfectly accessible to the students I brought, as well as to the entire (packed!) audience. Paul has such great comic instincts, and they served his character and the play very well. Afterward Jason Ray, another EGF alumni, gave us a tour of the enormous two-story, rotating set of a mansion. What a great night. I know the guys thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm glad to have given them the opportunity to see some theatre so well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment