Pages

Friday, April 07, 2006

Poker with Da Boyz

Tonight I joined four friends at Buffalo Wild Wings for beer and chicken wings after work. They ordered their wings in flavors of sauce decidedly more spicy than I did. But I enjoyed my meal (boneless wings, shrimp, potato wedges) and my beers and the conversation. Afterward we returned to the home of my friend Jay, one of the guys . . . where, incidentally, my wife and children were hanging out with his while I was gone! Jay, I, and our friends Jesse, Rob, and Curt played some poker--all varieties. Now, Rob was basically the only one among us who knew how to play. That didn't stop me from betting irresponsibly and wiping everybody else out. Beginner's luck + the bravery that comes from playing with someone else's chips and not for my own money = a highly successful first night of poker with da boyz.

No comments:

Post a Comment