Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gluttony

The Royal Fork is the devil.

No, not really. It's just an innocent little buffet restaurant in Grand Forks, but I never leave it without an uncomfortably full tummy. It's easier to place blame on the tempting restaurant itself than on my own gluttony, so I do.

The girls get certificates for free meals at the Royal Fork with each dental checkup (why area dentists have teamed up with the Royal Fork for this promotion, I do not know), so we used their coupons today for dinner (Susan and I had to pay for ourselves, of course). The soups were delicious, the salad and toppings were fresh, and the hot food was tasty. Chicken, mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, caramel rolls, tomato soup, herbed chicken and rice soup, chicken and wild rice soup, and on and on. I was too full for dessert (yes, unbelievable--I passed up dessert), but all the ladies had ice cream sundaes.

Thank God for the opportunity to have more than plenty and for the sense to be thankful for it. (Now I need to work on stopping with plenty rather than overindulging . . .)

1 comment:

  1. Kevin now you made me hungary for royal fork...oh well.
    Hope your summers going well.
    EV

    ReplyDelete