Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Abigail's New Appearance

Abigail now wears spectacles! As of Monday, she is the proud owner of a pair of glasses. A vision screening at her elementary school a couple weeks ago revealed that an official visit to the eye doctor was in order, and the doctor prescribed corrective lenses. Abigail's eyeballs are as sensitive to light as is her skin, so the lenses react to light and automatically darken outdoors to function like sunglasses. The frames are rectangular and are dark purple. She wears them faithfully and proudly. She looks so much older with them on, which makes me a little sad. However, now reading is so much easier for her that she's plowing through books at the same rapid pace that Suzanna does. Abigail is grateful for her glasses, and she's gotten compliments from her classmates at school, too. That's a very good thing.

Oh, and she just this morning lost another tooth: her upper-right incisor. She came up to me to say, "Dad, I have a tooth that's really loose. See?" When she wiggled it, it fell right out--no pulling or pain required!

P.S. I started wearing glasses at about 3 years old, as did my sister Sandy. We also wore our glasses religiously. I think Sandy still wears contacts. I grew out of needing glasses in my early twenties, though. Maybe the same thing will happen for Abigail . . .

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I can't wait to see her with her new glasses! I bet she looks very sophisticated as well as cute! I'm glad that people aren't teasing her. That would be very hard on her. Love, Aunty Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi from mishka. send photos of the new home and family

    ReplyDelete