Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Cable Tension

I mean that two ways: my tension over the cables, and the cables' tension.

The garage door for the stall where I park my vehicle has been naughty lately. The cables that spool up on pulleys overhead each time the garage door rises have been unspooling and wrapping around the bar that connects both pulleys. Then, when the garage door shuts, it gets hung up by the cables that are off the pulleys, wrapped around parts that they shouldn't be, and stuck in moving parts that can't move with the cables stuck in them. This happens, of course, either when I'm on my way to work and haven't allotted spare time to fix potential garage door problems, or when I'm on my way home from work when it's frigid and unpleasant to be standing on a ladder in the cold weather working with garage door cables.

I think the situation is fixed now, though. I had to restring both cables and adjust the tension on the connecting bar to make sure the cables stay taut as they wind around the spools as the door opens. If there are more cable woes, you'll be sure to read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment