Pages

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Propensity to Self-Injure Moved to Dickinson With Us!

Tonight's guest blogger is Hillary:

I got stitches. I told my friend Jazelle that those little toy boxes were dangerous to lie on, and then it rolled out, and I looked behind with one eye open, one eye closed, and then I cracked my head open. The principal came down and got me to bring upstairs. Then Betsy called my mom, and Betsy wasn't sure if my dad or mom was picking me up. I had to go to the doctor to see "Dr. Goofy." I really liked it when I got to see the doctor because it was fun because I got to miss a little bit of school. He stitched my head up. When I was done, I got a sucker. I ate my sucker, and then I got to go out and get ice cream at TCBY. We had to go home to call my dad. Now I have five stitches by the side of my left eye.

Yes, folks, another minor medical emergency for the Mobergs. This marks the third time that Hillary--all of five years old now--has required stitches (well, the first time the doctor used medical glue instead of needle and thread). Ironically, the falling-off-a-toybox incident was happening at kindergarten at the exact time that I was at work signing up for an accidental injury plan that will cover the cost of emergency room visits, stitches, etc. . . . after January 1, when the plan takes effect. It just figures!

No trauma on Hillary's part, and apparently no pain. Just another scar on her pretty little face. At this rate, she'll run out of facial real estate for further injuries/scarring before she's out of high school!

[Astute "Pensive? No, Just Thinking" readers will recall reading about the first and second set of stitches in April 2005.]

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you and the family are all settled in (well getting there anyway:) and enjoying Dickinson!! Now we'll just have to work on getting our family out there:) Hopefully we'll be able to schedule in a hunting trip before the seasons over. Hillary's story reminds me of one of our trips to Dickinson during which I had my stitches removed one day(the result of Mary's ungracious attempt at using a golf club to hit a tennis ball of a T-stand.... lets just say she missed the ball but did catch my cheek) but had to go back the following day when I broke my collar bone after I fell off Grandma's swingset. Anyways, I hope all continues to go well with getting settled in Dickinson, and hopefully we'll see you sooner rather then later! Tell everyone I said hello! - Anna Dutke

    ReplyDelete