Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Parent Night at Ballet

Parents were invited to attend their children's ballet classes tonight to watch them "in action" and see what they're currently working on. Every Tuesday, Hillary has ballet from 4:45 to 6:00 P.M., and Suzanna and Abigail have ballet from 6:00 to 7:30 P.M. Had Susan and I stayed to observe both classes tonight, all the girls would have had to remain, too, from 4:45 to 7:30 P.M.! Instead, Susan took one for the team. She brought Hillary to ballet, and I fed Suzanna and Abigail supper at home. Then I brought them to ballet, picked up Hillary, and took her home and fed her supper. Meanwhile, Susan remained and snapped photos of our little ballerinas (and then ate ravenously when she got home with Suzanna and Abigail at the end of the night!). Some highlights:

Hillary practicing tap dance

I realize that one cannot see Hillary's face here, but I think it's a fun pose anyway. Look at that posture!

Suzanna's turn at the barre

Abigail glides across the floor.

Suzanna and Abigail together

And again (Suzanna and Abigail are the two centermost ballerinas)

3 comments:

  1. The most enjoyable thing about a parent visiting session is seeing the improvement in our little ballerinas from the beginning of the year or last fall until now. Each class had performed for a Christmas party last week, and we were able to see these short holiday-themed dances -- fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look very professional and serious, (in a sophisticated ballerina-type way). Now that I used all my big words up for the day. Your girls ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such little beauties! I wish I were able to attend such events....thank goodness for pictures!

    ReplyDelete