Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Readers' Contributions: Notable Quotables

Dear friend Erin knows how much I like a pithy retort or clever quotable nugget of wisdom, so she sends one my way occasionally. She shared this one recently:

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."
--Catherine Aird

Here's another one from her: When their daughter was listening to a certain song on a CD, Erin's hubby, dear friend Jay, told their child that it had first come out when he was about her age. Precious Daughter said, "You mean in the olden days?" Jay's response: "Ouch!"

My sister Cathy saw a funny sign hung by the daycare room at her gym: "Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy." She found that a clever way to get their point across!

3 comments:

  1. I liked your sister Cathy's comment and would like to keep it in a notebook of wise things to do. I pull out this notebook once in a while when I find myself in a dilemma I'm not sure what best to do.
    I enjoy reading your post every so often when time allows. -JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was with Cathy in Portland when we first saw that sign. But it was somewhere other than the gym. Very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hey, Mikey! They liked it!!" 8-)

    ReplyDelete