Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ivory Ticklers

I wasn't in town to attend it (stay tuned to Pensive? No, Just Thinking for more details on why I wasn't), but our two piano-lesson-taking daughters had a recital tonight. Suzanna and Abigail take lessons from Mrs. Vold (and Hillary will begin next year), who is married to a minister and thus who held tonight's recital in his church (Our Savior's Lutheran) where her students could play on a lovely piano in a location with good acoustics. Susan said the girls did a great job, playing very musically and making her quite proud. To verify, I asked the two pianists themselves to describe the evening:

"I had no idea what I was going to do because I was so nervous. I stood up at the wrong time, but then I pretended to be restrapping my shoe. The song that I played was called 'Kaleidoscope Colors.' It was a very pretty song. I messed up in the beginning and did two fingers instead of one. I was dressed very prettily, and my song was very pretty, too. After the whole recital when everybody finished playing their pieces, we went outside of the sanctuary and ate bars, cookies, and punch."
--Abigail

"I was really nervous because I didn't feel ready to play my song, but if you ask Mom, I did 'such a wonderful job.' I played a song called 'Spanish Caballero.' I was wearing a really pretty skirt and shirt. When Mrs. Vold was giving out awards, she called the names of all the children who had gotten 'superiors' in the piano festival, and Abigail and I were the only people in our age group up there. We were so proud of ourselves! After the recital, I felt that all the hard work we had spent during the year getting these songs ready really paid off."
--Suzanna


P.S. Recall last year's spring piano recital?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure they sounded great! I've heard practicing in the background during phone calls. Way to go girls! They can give me a recital when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adjusting your shoe? Good save, Abigail.

    ReplyDelete