Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Snow on May 10th?!

If you don't like the weather in North Dakota . . .

. . . just wait a few hours . . .

I don't know why it chose to snow today; it hasn't snowed all winter long. But, as is evident in the photos, it didn't last long, and most people regarded the snow as welcome moisture for the fields and lawns. The girls got in a little playing-in-the-snow time, but the green grass poking through the snow made the scene a bit surreal:


Today Dickinson State University graduated its largest class ever, and I spent my morning at the commencement ceremony to applaud them all. Faculty and staff march in and out before the graduates and wear their own academic regalia, so I slipped into my own fancy garb before leaving the house:

Hillary giggled and said that I looked like a girl. Really? Even with the beard? I think she's been hanging around women who need hormone therapy.

1 comment:

  1. I see some "subtle" hints of gray! I don't remember seeing that before! Welcome to the club....

    ReplyDelete