Pages

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Another Week Down: Tale #4: Flowers

You have been misled by the title of this post: there isn't really much of a tale here . . . just pics. On Labor Day before heading to the office to do some work (yeah, I know: a day off from work means one is not supposed to go to work . . . but who's going to get the work done if I don't?!), I did some early morning watering of the potted flowers on our driveway and the flower bed on the west side of our house. I'm trying to make the blooms last, of course, as long as they can. Even though they're not at the peak of their summertime beauty, the ol' gals have still got some life left in 'em:

Aster. No flowers here yet -- we just planted this perennial a couple months ago. However, it has really bushed out and stayed green and vibrant. I think it likes its new home!

Begonia

Dahlia

Double peppermint supertunia

Geranium

Gerbera daisy

We don't know what this is! But isn't it pretty?

Marigold

Moss rose

Petunia

Sedum. Planted the same time as the aster, but this one has got some pretty near-autumn color in it. (The purple buds were light green and closed tightly until a week or so ago.)

Snapdragon

Zinnia

1 comment:

  1. I love your flowers. Some of them are the same type as mine. My own have flourished since the tornado. I have yet to take new pictures of them tho. I best get to it as it's already September and they may be on their way to the end for this year. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete