Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

THE AMAZING RACE

It's over . . . and Chip and Kim won! I've been addicted to The Amazing Race on CBS the entire summer, and last night was the two-hour finale. After the first hour, the final couple to be eliminated was announced: Linda and Karen, the bowling moms. I'd been rooting for them, too. But Chip and Kim had my vote after that. And curse that Amazing Race--how are they always able to wring an emotional reaction out of me?! They do it every week with the reflections of the couple that is eliminated . . . whether I like the couple or not, I'm sucked in by the emotional music, the wavering voices and teary eyes, and the well chosen words of wisdom from the losing teams. Last night, I was sucked in by the appearance of every previously eliminated couple at the finish line, waiting for the arrival of Chip and Kim and cheering them on. How very satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment