Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Talented Students

I'm pretty proud of (most of) the students at our school when I see all the things they're capable of.

This weekend I attended the musical Anything Goes and was impressed at how well they were able to work together--with the help of the directors, designers, and choreographer--to create a fresh production of an oft-told musical tale. I played Billy in a production of Anything Goes in college, so seeing it brought back many fond memories.

The following day, I chaperoned a pep bus to Minneapolis to see the Green Wave win the football semifinal game against Glencoe-Silver Lake! I won't make their next game; it's the day after Thanksgiving.

However, it's fun to see the spectrum of skills and talents our students have, from academics to arts to athletics. No matter what students are good at/interested in, it seems there's some way for them to get involved at school and show off/develop their abilities.

(Or ARE there some kids with no way to "get connected" at school or get involved in their particular interests? You tell me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment