Pages

Friday, September 29, 2006

Licensed!

Well, I'm feeling a lot more "North Dakotan" after today.

It occurred to me recently that the tags on the MN license plates on one of our vehicles will expire at the end of September . . . which is tomorrow! So I went to the ND Motor Vehicle office today to see about getting ND plates and transferring the titles on both vehicles from MN to ND. It took about ten minutes to sign over the MN titles and get handed ND plates and tags.

Well, it would have taken that long, but I needed to leave to get the checkbook from Susan before returning and paying (I pay only by credit card, so it never occurs to me that places still exist that don't accept credit cards for payment). That was no problem; the woman helping me simply set things aside and had them waiting for me when I got back.

I also asked about the process for getting a ND driver's license. Minimal: bring in my MN driver's license card, get a photograph taken on the spot, give them $5, and leave with a ND license. Pppbbb! That's nothing! I had to study and take a test when trading in my initial ND license for a MN license years ago. You gotta love ND!

(Susan and I just got new haircuts today, so we're going to wait a few days before returning to get our ND licenses. Don't want our hairdos to look "too new," you know!)

1 comment:

  1. It is SO much easier going from MN to ND. I've FINALLY requested a new MN licesnse with my new address. I've been 'holding off' until I was married. Since I didn't change my name, there was no rush. Then I was holding off for our move. I figured it was time. Plus I want to be legal so I can vote! I remember stressing about taking the MN test and finally just went on my lunch hour to get it over with. I don't remember my score, but I passed!

    ReplyDelete