Pages

Friday, December 15, 2006

Postcard Secrets

My supervisor lent me a gift she just received: the book My Secret, a collection of postcards compiled by Frank Warren. He encourages people to send him postcards on which they have written secrets in order to experience the relief of revelation with the safety of anonymity. Many of them are available on the Web site PostSecret. Some of the secrets are goofy, some are heart-warming, others are heart-breaking. The content of each message is only half the overall effect; the way in which the card is decorated and lettered has a lot of impact, too.

The book is a quick read, but it's thought-provoking. What are my own secrets? Which of them are hurting me, and which are good to keep? With whom do I share secrets? How do my secrets define me? What secrets hold me back, and which ones keep me motivated to do certain things? If you'd like to experience the beauty and catharsis of being privvy to others' secrets and to the manner in which they have chosen to express them, check out the Web site or buy the book.

Other PostSecret books:

No comments:

Post a Comment