Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Time with the Grandparents

Susan has a two-day workshop at school today and tomorrow, and I have to be at work, of course, so we asked my dad and stepmom if they would like to come for a visit and watch the girls during the day today and tomorrow. They arrived yesterday afternoon and parked their RV at Camp on the Heart before coming over to our house for a supper of grilled Oregon salmon (thank you, Cathy and Kathy!), cucumber salad, beets (both the cukes and beets were from a local farmers' market), and couscous. Their dog, Bandy, nearly goes insane when she comes for a visit, so excited she is to see us all (probably especially the girls, who love to play with her, run with her, and take her for walks). Bandy discovered our backyard neighbors' dog, Maggie, last night, and the two of them almost clawed through the wooden fence to see one another . . . and all that barking? Oy vey.

I'll find out this evening how the day went with Grandpa and Grandma watching the girls. We might have to take those two home early and tuck them into bed with Bandy, depending on how tuckered out our daughters have made them! Faithful readers, I'll keep you posted.

(But isn't it great to be so near relatives who can do this kind of thing? And to have relatives who are willing to do this kind of thing? We love it here.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how fun....I forgot this was the week for Dad and Beverly to visit. I'm sure they are having a blast! I'm looking forward to stories of the day with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re:(But isn't it great to be so near relatives who can do this kind of thing? And to have relatives who are willing to do this kind of thing? We love it here.)

    I know I speak for many people when I say "but we miss you on the east side of the state."

    ReplyDelete