Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Abigail's Belated Birthday Party

Does any eight-year-old girl need two birthday celebrations? Just as I suspected--it's unanimous! Abigail is spoiled to get to celebrate her birthday once with her family on the actual date and a second time with her classmates after the school year has resumed. Today Abigail, her sisters, and a number of Abigail's classmates and other friends had a party at the West River Community Center. There was much swimming and water-based frolicking followed by opening of gifts and eating of cake.

Abigail requested a cake from The Donut Hole, which brought Susan and me right back to our childhoods. I especially remember my aunts from Williston and Minot bringing Donut Hole cakes--large doughnut-shaped, pudding- or jelly-filled cakes from that particular bakery--to family celebrations, including my Grandma Roloff's birthdays while she lived in the nursing home in Tioga, ND. Abigail asked for purple decoration on the cake, and she got it.

Well, even if you're a spoiled brat for getting two birthday celebrations, happy birthday anyway, kiddo!

2 comments:

  1. Spoiled, maybe -- but NEVER a brat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suddenly I don't feel so HORRIBLE for still having Abigail's birthday present sitting on my table. :o) I just finished 'tweaking' the final piece and promise to drop it in the mail this week. Guess she can have 3 celebrations (although the arrival of my gift will probably not be as exciting as the other parties).

    ReplyDelete