Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Is That Norway That I Smell?

Last year about this time, our family was enjoying Disneyworld in Orlando, FL. On Days Four and Six of our trip, we spent time at Epcot and its Norway Pavilion, where we ate, rode the Maelstrom, bought Norwegian baking, and browsed The Puffin's Roost, a shop selling Norwegian products.

It was there that I smelled Geir, a Norwegian cologne for men. It was really appealing, but we didn't buy any. Good thing, too. If my scent memory can be trusted, Geir smells a whole heckuva lot like Bath & Body Works' much less expensive scent Sea Island Cotton.

For Mother's Day, the girls and I bought Susan a variety of body sprays, including a Sea Island Cotton one. While visiting my sister Sandy this summer, we made a stop at Bath & Body Works where Susan bought (several items including) Sea Island Cotton hand soap. Every time I use it, I experience "déjà smell," recalling Epcot's version of Norway and feeling just a little bit more Norwegian.

I'm sure I smell that way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment