Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Last Laps (For Now)

Well, we just returned from the final swim meet of the season.  Similar to last week, I shuttled the girls to the swimming pool while Susan did her Sunday school director duties at church, after which she joined us, too.  Again she worked at the concessions stand; and this time, I served as a timer (meet organizers hadn't arranged in advance for timers and looked desperate, and the Lutheran guilt was strong within me).  Therefore, I didn't get to pay too close attention to the girls' times in their own events (I had to keep my eyes on Lane 8); but now that the meet has ended, we know that no Moberg qualified for the state meet this year (as Hillary did last year).  However, they had a good time swimming and staying fit all winter and befriending swimmers on their own team and from other towns, so I'd say it was another success swim season (with the end-of-the-season team banquet still to come).

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that you may be a little big glad inside that this part of the extra curricular activities is over....for now. Less on the plate to attend to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been nice to have the girls home right after school for piano practice and home work...but we haven't really seemed "less busy." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops....I meant little "bit" glad!

    ReplyDelete