Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

July's Thought-Provoking Question(s)

BEST FRIEND

If you have no friends, this month's question is not for you! Ditto if you have friends but no best friend. I'm addressing this post to those of you who can identify someone who qualifies as your "best friend."

My own best friend is out of town for a couple months this summer, and it's been really odd not having him around. We were accustomed to seeing each other three to five times a week, and now he's accessible only by e-mail--and then only sporadically. It has upset my equilibrium. There's a tremor in the force. There is no yin to my yang.

If you have a best friend, what's your story? How did you two come to be best friends? What do you have in common? How do you "complete" one another (*blech*)? How is your relationship different from the friendships you share with others? How would your life be different without your best friend in it? Come on; fess up.

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Moberg!

    Great site. Thanks so much for getting in touch with me. It's great to hear from you, and it will be fantastic to be able to keep up with your thoughts and whatever else for way out east through this site.

    You inspired me. I've got my own now. I'm going to keep it up to date for sure once I get to school. Hopefully some "old friends" back home will be interested.
    It's nickhagen.blogspot.com

    Drop by and see how bad I am at blogging!

    P.S. My best bud is out this week too. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I inspired somebody! Yeah! My goal in life has been achieved. Congrats on the blog, Nick. I'll be one subscriber, for certain. I wanna know how life is at Juilliard in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pablo, you are funny. Congrats on the girlfriend--and on finding one cosmopolitan enough to jet off to France for two weeks. None of my friends are that worldly! (Désire-t-elle parler en français avec moi?) And thanks for gracing my lowly blog with your profound reply. It is I who is the unworthy one. I hope you're referring to ME when you write of keeping in touch with "one of the most influential people" in your life. I don't know how I've been so influential, but if it's a good thing, I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete