Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Shoecumber

Last night Suzanna and Abigail were cleaning up toys from the basement before going to bed. Earlier in the day, Suzanna had put a slipper over either end of her talking Larry the Cucumber toy (he's a character from Veggie Tales movies, and when you squeeze the toy, it speaks some of his catchphrases from the movies). When I tossed it on her bed during cleanup, it spoke one of its phrases. Suzanna looked at it and said, "Naughty shoecumber." It took me a second to get the slipper/shoe reference, but then we both broke into giggles. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. If you like to talk to tomatoes....sigh, it seems like just yesterday I was singing with Suzanna and taking photos of a Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato birthday cake - err, I think that was Abigails. Anyway, your story made me smile as I am reminded how quickly the girls are maturing. I do like her sense of humor though! Just my speed.

    ReplyDelete