Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Photos from Aune Family Reunion 2005

(click any photo below for a larger version)



















The children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of Olga (Aune) Moberg, June (Aune) Clark, and Bea (Aune) Wilson

And no, not everyone was in attendance! The Wilsons are in tan, the Mobergs are in blue, and the Clarks are wearing whatever they feel like! If you study the photos below, you can probably pick me out of the crowd in this one, too. I'm near the center, kneeling by my wife, who is holding my cousin's son in her lap. My sister's head is right under my chin so that we look like a mini totem pole. Find me?

These are the people with whom I spent last weekend: supper Friday night, brunch Saturday morning, children's games at my dad's Saturday afternoon, photos and supper followed by a program (I wrote a skit that my family and I performed) Saturday night, a fireworks display in Tioga, ND late Saturday night, brunch Sunday morning, church at Grandma's church in Battleview, ND Sunday morning followed by a visit to the cemetery where my grandparents, my mom, and other friends and family are buried.

It was a busy weekend, but it was great to see so many family members again. The next reunion will be in the Twin Cities in 2009, hosted by the Wilson branch of the Aune family tree.




















Olga (Aune) Moberg's son Arlo (my dad) and his family

My family!

Standing, L to R: sister Cathy, father Arlo, stepmother Beverly, wife Susan

In front of them, L to R: sister Sandra, daughter Abigail, daughter Hillary, me (Kevin), and daughter Suzanna




















Olga (Aune) Moberg's grandchildren (minus one: Darren)

The crowd doesn't look so intimidating when you exclude everyone but the first cousins: Grandpa and Grandma's grandchildren. Only my cousin Darren did not attend--and he lives just a few miles away and was home all weekend! To whom does this make sense? Not me. Anyway, there I am again, kneeling on the far right of the first row.




















Olga (Aune) Moberg's children and their kids and grandchildren

We had our photos taken (by my stepbrother Dennis Jacobson, by the way) at the Aune family reunion this past weekend. This one is of my cousins, first cousins once removed, aunts, uncles, sisters, dad, wife, and children. My grandparents Olga (Aune) and John Moberg had six children. My dad, Arlo, is their second-eldest. In this photo he is standing--the fifth person in from the right. My stepmother Beverly is beside (and in front of) him--the fourth person in from the right.

Dad and my mom, Mary Ann, had three children. My sister Cathy is the eldest; she is kneeling directly in front of Beverly. My sister Sandra is next; she is next to Cathy and is on the end of her row. I'm the youngest; I'm five people in from the end of the same row as my sisters, being clutched by my wife Susan. We have three daughters: Suzanna (directly in front of me, pig-tailed, holding her legs), Abigail (directly in front of Susan, pig-tailed, her arms across her knees), and Hillary (next to Abigail, seated in a cousin's lap, pig-tailed, her hands in her lap).

Quite a brood, huh?!

5 comments:

  1. hahaha i found you!!! what happened to your beard??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It comes and goes. I had it for the winter--and for the seniors who told me, "You know, Mr. Moberg, when we first met you [as freshmen], you had a beard. You should grow it back so that, when we leave [high school], you'll look the same as when we got here." I would have removed it immediately after school ended, but I was cast in the play A Doll's House (read this), and the director wanted my hair long and my beard intact for my character (who was supposed to look "menacing"). Anyway, the play's over and summer's here, so the beard's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And he would also snag any "Ewan McGregor Look-a-like Contest" with the facial attachment.

    Pablo

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the force be with you, Pablo.

    Whom do you look like when bearded?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, jeez, that's a tough one, I haven't really gotten to far on a beard, so I would have to say . . . Macauly Culkin.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete