Pages

Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter Fever

(HELP US FIGHT CANCER! CLICK HERE.)

Thanks to Susan's father, who has been so kind as to stay with our children when Susan and I want to go to the occasional play or movie, Susan and I were able to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in the movie theater Wednesday night. Here is my assessment of it.

The latest (and last) book in the Harry Potter series will be released tonight at midnight, and we'll be at Wal-Mart then to buy it! We're going to the North Dakota State Fair in Minot tomorrow, which is about a two-and-a-half-hour drive. Susan will be reading feverishly on the way to and fro. It may even be a chore to pry her out of the vehicle to join us on the fairgrounds. If she goes missing in the middle of the day, I'll know where to find her.

2 comments:

  1. Any luck prying the book from Susan? I couldn't stop until the end! Joe finally gave in and started it this afternoon and I haven't seen him since! haha. I also enjoyed a midnight release party, only I was at the Barnes and Noble with 2 employees from the nature center and the center's 2 owls, so I spent most of the night being body guard and answering questions. The book however was definitly worth the wait:) Enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually -- I haven't even started it yet! Our neighbor, Reba, decided to reread the 6th book in preparation for the 7th, and after listening to her mention some details she'd forgotten, I realized I didn't really remember much about the 6th book! So, I read Eragon by Chris Paolini on the way to/from Minot, Kevin drove, Suzanna skimmed some of the 6th book (Abigail is on the 4th book -- and Hillary can't quite read well enough to start the series yet) -- so the book sat in the back of the van with NO ONE READING IT!!! I started Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince this morning, and Suzanna started the 7th book. If I finish before she does, I'm going to have to confiscate the last book :-) And I have to say "Thank You!" to Anna and Joe, for their insistance when the 1st book was published, that Kevin and I just HAD to read this wonderful book. You were right :-)

    ReplyDelete