Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

The Results Are In

Dedicated readers will recall that, on Saturday, Suzanna sang in a music festival. At the end of the day, the results were given to her music teacher, who gave them to Suzanna today in school:

A blue ribbon and a "Superior" rating (out of three options: "I. Superior," "II. Excellent," or "III. Good")!

Suzanna received the judge's critique sheet with these written comments:

Quality of Selection: "I remember watching and hearing this on Sesame Street!" [She sang "The Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie. Did the Muppets ever do a guest stint on Sesame Street to sing this diddy? We can't be sure.]

Intonation: "What a voice! You already have a vibrato!"

Musical Effect/State Presence: "Great audience scanning! You are very dramatic--makes it fun to watch."

General Comments: "Do you take lessons? It sounded like it! Sorry I didn't write much . . . I was busy enjoying your performance!" [And no, she doesn't take voice lessons.]

Isn't it sickening how some parents just love to tell others all about their children's accomplishments, barely containing their pride? (Aren't you glad that I'm doing so via a blog, which is easier to ignore if you get sick of me than I myself would be were we face-to-face?)

1 comment:

  1. Quite frankly, I'd have written more about how well she did do! I loved it! She definitely knows what she's doing! Loved it, did I already say that? !?!?!?

    ReplyDelete