Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

Guest Musher: Anna

Faithful readers will recall that Suzanna's latest topic in school has been dogsledding and, in particular, the Iditarod. Susan's cousin Anna (sister of Mary) is today's guest blogger--and guest musher, apparently, judging by the photos that she sent in response to my post about Suzanna's following the results of the Iditarod. Read on:

My mom told me that I should check out your blog entry. She said Suzanna was studying the Iditarod. I thought I would send some pictures of us last year when we were in Colorado. We had the opportunity to try our hand at dogsledding and, despite the original skepticism by some, everyone had fun in the end. Suzanna, you'll just have to talk your Grandpa Roger into helping you start your own sled dog team. He'll probably be easier to persuade than your mom and dad!

(Anna's completely right about Suzanna's mom and dad, by the way.)

4 comments:

  1. That looks like it was quite an amazing experience! (And I just have to add that I am in wholehearted support of our NOT getting a sled dog team of our own!)--Snoozin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet it was fun! Being pulled around on a snowmobile would be how I compare your experience! But it's probably alot more quiet! Just ask Kevin! We grew up doing that and we had a blast. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually took turns being pulled on a sled by a snowmobile and dog sledding. The dogs are trained to run behind the snowmobile, which actually makes the job of those in control of the dogs a lot easier! All you had to do was hold on and then push the foot brake down when it was time to stop the dogs. No steering was required.

    On the side note, I created my own blog to keep a journal of my summer jobs to receive academic credit. However, at the moment they contain pictures of our cabin remodeling project. Feel free to check them out! You'll be in for a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I forgot to add the link:)

    http://takeonlypicturesleaveonlyfootprints.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete