Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Several Thousand Words: Splashdown Dakota Super Slides

Faithful readers will recall that we spent last weekend with three other families, friends who met us in Minot for swimming, shopping, snacking, and laughing. Here are some highlights:

Hillary and I spent a lot of time going down the slides together

Gabriel warms up in daddy Jay's lap . . .

. . . and then sleeps in it.

The slides, viewed from the second story seating area

The slides, viewed from the exit point--site of many a person-on-person landing

Erin and Susan (sexy mommas!) wait for their husbands to toss down their flip-flops

One of my 300 trips down the slides--this time without a little kid in my lap!

"Please, no more photos; I have a movie premiere to attend."

"Little" Ethan and Suzanna chum around at the pool

Suzanna in the pool

Hannah at the pool

Hillary at the pool

Abigail at the pool

Hillary and Abigail playing together ("She ain't heavy; she's my sister.")

More sisterly frolicking and shenanigans

Susan and Hillary helping Mya to navigate the dangerous waters beneath the slides' exit point

3 comments:

  1. Oh my.....the girls and all seemed to be so bored!?!?!?? Couldn't you find anything exciting for them to do whilst in Minot? Love all the photos!! Love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, what's that smell? Could it be chlorine? Wait, I think I was just splashed. Thanks for the photos! I feel like I was there with you. I'm reminded of many a bath night with the girls when I would shut the shower curtain and tell them to get their 'splashes' out. It was my attempt to stay dry during the shampoo portion of bathtime, but somehow they always managed to get me a 'bit' wet. I never minded as they are now that age where privacy trumps fun in the tub. Love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you intend to publish revealing (OK...ugly) photos of me on your blog, I think you need to get my expressed, written consent. :-)
    e

    ReplyDelete