Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Who Will Protect the Word?

One aspect of my job is to promote writing across the curriculum at the university. Today I moderated a discussion featuring faculty from each department talking about their practices, theories, and concerns related to student writing in their discplines.

Later in the afternoon, I happened to hear a related essay read by Bruce Berg on Prairie Public Radio's program "Hear It Now." Listen to it by clicking on this link (it will launch Windows Media Player) and fast-forward to about the 42:35 mark. It lasts four minutes or so. See where you stand in regard to Berg's ideas about higher education's duty to preserve "the health of the written word."

1 comment:

  1. I think it's sad how little people read books anymore...it's the reason my generation is so stupid

    ReplyDelete