Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Stage Directions: Enter Little Girls; Exit Daddy

I'm about to go meet my cousin Tyler (well, first cousin once removed) and his friend for some beverages at a local establishment. It's been many months since we have socialized, and tonight seems like the perfect night. Not only is it the end of a very hectic week (I've been going from school to school to supervise my students serving in field experiences in classrooms here in Dickinson as well as in surrounding towns), but it's also the beginning of a very hectic night/morning in our house: Suzanna is having a sleepover!

For Suzanna's belated birthday party (her birthday is in December over Christmas break, when many of her friends are out of town visiting relatives hither and yon and unavailable to celebrate then with her), she is having a "glama-pajama" party--a pajama party with all sorts of glamorous ("glama") events planned, such as manicures and pedicures, a makeup/fashion show, karaoke, movies and popcorn . . . who knows what else? It sounds as though there are 34 girls in the house, but here's the actual crew:


They're already riled up, and they've just arrived! I predict not much slumbering at this slumber party. It's a good night for me to leave the house! (Critics, be advised: my outing with Tyler was scheduled before tonight's birthday mania was.)

Suzanna's belated birthday cake is from The Donut Hole, a good longtime bakery in town.

This 11-year-old girl doesn't look much like a little kid anymore . . .

5 comments:

  1. hope the slumber party went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! We all survived -- and there wasn't a whole lot of slumber that evening. It was VERY quiet here on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Suzanna is certainly looking more like a young lady than a little girl. I think her birthday will have the longest celebration as I just noticed I have the Moberg Christmas/Suzanna birthday box sitting under my dining room table. Hmm, maybe I should really use the table more often and these things would be overlooked - sorry! My goal will be to wrap it up and send it off this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that must have been! Many young girls with squealy voices! But what a fun night! Happy party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of activities, for a great party night! I hope they, and you, had a great evening and were able to get caught up on rest the next day.

    ReplyDelete