Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Special Day

When I work up this morning, I was led to this:

The four gorgeous blond ladies of the house prepared for me a special Fathers Day breakfast: egg cakes, bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit/yogurt/granola parfait, orange juice, and coffee. While we ate the delicious food and enjoyed the love and mutual appreciation filling the room, I asked the beauties to pose while I snapped pics (arranged here in groups of three per person in order of age, starting with the almost-six-year-old blond):












Here I pose with the wrapping paper from my gift:

I received a grilling cookbook, a roasting cookbook, a pair of shorts, and some electronic utensils for the grill. They are a spatula and a serving fork, each with probes at the end to stick into the meat on the grill to determine its internal temperature to make deciding its doneness easier. I gave thanks and received smooches in return:




We were all too full for words at noon, so we didn't even eat dinner! But supper was another delicious feast. I grilled salmon, and Susan made fettuccine alfredo with crumbled bacon and fresh parley. We served the fish on the pasta and covered both with a shrimp and crab white sauce that Susan made. Fresh green beans and cheesy garlic Texas toast completed the meal.

Is it apparent to faithful readers that food is an important part of life in our home? So is love, and I was feeling it today. What a great and relaxing Fathers Day! I'm a pretty lucky guy. (So is my dad, whom I phoned this evening. Didn't that just make your day, Dad? Yes, of course it did.)

2 comments:

  1. Are you spoiled or what? (kidding!)..looks like your day was pretty nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...your game night friends all get a kick out of how thoroughly you describe the food mentioned on your blog. :-) You could be a food critic for the paper!

    ReplyDelete