Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Independent Picnickers

Today's guest blogger is Suzanna:

Today I asked Mom if we could go on a picnic. I thought it would be a good time to spend outdoors, and it would be a fun activity for the three of us girls to do together. Mom said, "If the weather's okay, of course you may go."

So at dinner time, I made peanut-butter-and-honey sandwiches. We packed those into a bag, grabbed three cheese sticks, three bags of chips, three pears, and three bottles of flavored water. We grabbed a blanket, my camera, and three rain jackets and two umbrellas (we checked the weather and read that there was a chance of rain). We packed everything into the wagon and walked up to Rocky Butte Park, which happens to be about two blocks away from us. As we went walking along, we saw this flat area, and I knew that we had found the perfect spot to lay down our blanket. I divided up the food evenly.

By the time we were there, it was about 12:30 P.M.; and Mom said we had to be home by 2:45 P.M. I thought she meant 12:45 P.M., so I was kind of having Abigail and Hillary rush to finish eating. Finally at 12:45 P.M. when I said, "We have to go," Abigail said, "She meant 2:45 P.M., Suzanna. We can eat normally!" So we were done with our food at about 1:00 P.M. We packed everything up, and I took a photo of Abigail and Hillary sitting with the trees in the background. But I don't have the picture to show you because it's a disposable camera.

We walked up the trail to the big rocks that happen to be sitting in the middle of the park, and we played for about two minutes. I couldn't see the wagon, and I didn't want anyone taking anything. There was this old man there who kept eyeing it, and I was scared. So I said, "Let's get home now, you two." And they both reluctantly agreed to go. As soon as we got home, it started to rain!

It was so much fun just hanging out with my two sisters that I want to do it all over again!

1 comment:

  1. You girls are getting so independent and growing up! I'm glad that you had fun -- next time we'll have to pick a day when it isn't supposed to rain :-)

    ReplyDelete