Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Georgia on My Mind, Day III

More sessions to attend today:
  • a session on tutor training (um, kinda lame . . . the presenters told bits and pieces of what they do at their institution but gave no new information and no complete details about what information they did share)
  • a delicious breakfast business meeting (the highlight: peaches 'n' cream French toast . . . gotta love Georgia peaches!)
  • a session on using creative inquiry to develop instructional activities for Supplemental Instruction sections (very useful presentation . . . lots of ideas that can be implemented at DSU)
  • an awards banquet featuring Donna Ford as a speaker (and more great food, including chicken in a delicious Caribbean sauce and genuine key lime pie)
  • a session that I presented on training student paraprofessionals with a foundation course on student development theory (it went very well -- all participants came from institutions without anything like it in place, so they were eager to learn more)
  • a session on using 6 Traits + 1 with picture books to help tutor college students in writing (presented by a woman with an elementary education approach to addressing the crowd, if you know what I mean . . . making it all the more difficult to imagine using this elementary/intermediate education approach with university students)

I could have used my knowledge of the MARTA (see yesterday's post) to go on another downtown adventure this evening, but I was pooped and opted instead to return to my hotel room and do some work. Okay, I also took advantage of the free Showtime in my room to watch Mission: Impossible III.

No comments:

Post a Comment