Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Three Ethnic Items

Irish
Last night we could have eaten corned beef, cabbage, and green beer for supper. Instead, because it was Watery Wednesday in our home, Susan made Irish fish-'n'-chips served with cole slaw, green grapes, and shamrock shakes (made with mint/chocolate chip ice cream). Did you eat anything Irish yesterday, Faithful Reader?

Norwegian
Look what I found: This Is Music from Norway. I stumbled upon it, actually; and since I wasn't deliberately searching for online sources of Norwegian music, I cannot say whether this is the best one available because I have nothing to compare it to. However, I have enjoyed randomly choosing artists and listening to samples of their singing and playing. Give it a try yourself!

Norway + Ireland
Wondering what St. Patrick's Day has to do with Norway? Would you like to know a little bit about the significant impact of Scandinavians on the Irish isle? Read this from the Sons of Norway blog. It gives an overview of Viking interactions on the Emerald Isle and then provides links to more details. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Irish: Well, yes I did! I was at my friends' house where we ate corned beef/cabbage, ruebens, and had all green desserts consisting of green rice krispy treats, mint chip ice cream and green jello cake! YUMMY!!! (I don't think anyone was actually drinking any green beer though.)

    ReplyDelete