This blog is to interior decorating as Cake Wrecks is to cake decorating (remember?). Except that Moggit keeps the commentary in each post to a minimum and largely lets the "decorating" speak for itself. Sometimes the featured photos are of some hideous product that can be purchased and put in one's own home; sometimes they're of some room that has been hideously decorated by an interior designer; sometimes they're of some piece of hideous artwork that has been created by someone without taste, style, or talent. Always they inspire a combination of cringes and laughter, perhaps even a sense of schadenfreude because we readers have not been duped into paying good money for the hideous wallpaper, curtains, paintings, rugs, furniture, sculptures, etc., that somebody else bought (or that the makers are hoping to sell to dupes who have no clue).
- Decorate your bathroom with a blood-splattered shower curtain and bloody footprint-stained bath mat meant to suggest that Janet Leigh's character from the movie Psycho was murdered in your home. (Achieve the same effect in the dining room with a gruesome tea set and in the bedroom with crime scene headboard art.)
- Spend $26,000 to own what an artist has named "Chest of Drawers," numerous sets of drawers randomly stacked on top of one another and bound together by a tautly pulled canvas strap. To match, buy a similarly constructed end table made of a stack of books with wooden boards tied to the top and bottom.
- Furnish your living room with a concrete couch.
- Pique your guests' appetites by seating them at a dining table beneath a rat chandelier and serving their food on dishes painted to look as though insects are swarming all over them.
- Decorate your home with a vase that resembles a uterus, throw pillows made to look like wrapped condoms, and a lamp in the shape of a nude man (the penis is the on/off switch).
(What is a catablogue?)